Thursday, January 19, 2012

miracles

since starting treatment my dad has received 5 radiation treatments and has been on chemotherapy for 7 days. 

we are seeing miracles take place before our very eyes.  not only can he squeeze his left hand a little bit, but he can move it up and down his chest a little, too.  and tonight he moved his left leg!  these are all small movements, but such huge accomplishments!!!

they thrill us so much!  we are excited to see his improvements and progression.

my dad is left very exhausted from the treatments.  but he is in good spirits.  thank you again for all of the love that you have shown to him and to our family.  we love you all!

6 comments:

The Lingo Family said...

So happy to hear there is progress. :) Tender mercies. Love you guys!!!

Heather said...

Glad to hear he is making some progress. Much love to your entire family during this journey.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for letting us know about Rick. Didn't know at all about this part of his life journey. He is added to our prayers.
Peter and Mary Ruplinger

Robert Thompson said...

I'm glad to hear he is in good spirits. Thanks again for the updates!

Anonymous said...

Long to visit with you! Contagious with yet another something or another. This experience of yours has given me the opportunity to always have a prayer in my heart. So very grateful for gods tender Loving kindness. His love is shed for all. Your family is being blessed. All my love to you, my dear brother. Pamela

Shellie said...

I'm so glad he's progressing and responding well to treatments. Keeping you guys in my prayers. Love ya!