Tuesday, January 10, 2012

a big thank you

tonight we wish to thank all of you.  every single one of you.

thank you for your kindnesses, your generosity and your love. 

our family has been greatly blessed by so many people.  people have given us so much.  from oranges, avocados, beautiful dinners, cinnamon rolls, cards, posters and balloons, to heartfelt letters of support and the offering of fervent prayers.  i cannot even begin to list everything that people have done for us. 

we are amazed daily by the love that is in this world.  we have felt this love and been humbled by your support and many kindnesses.  my dad has been brought to tears many times as he marvels at the deeds and words of comfort and support from of all of you.  some of you have sent letters of sweet memories of my dad.  they have brought him great joy.

mark and julia ballif have retrofitted their huge van to accomodate a hydrolic wheelchair lift.  this will enable my dad to go to his daily treatments in san diego in comfort.  we can now even take him out for a drive, or go out and get a frozen yogurt!

it is so beautiful to see that in the midst of a very difficult trial we are so surrounded by goodness and love.  we are ever mindful of our Father in Heaven and the love that He has for us.  it is wonderful to see this love manifested through all of you.  tender mercies, indeed.

dad will be starting his radiation and chemotherapy treatments tomorrow, tuesday january 11th at UCSD.  we appreciate you remembering him in your prayers, and in your good thoughts.

thank you again for the outpouring of support.  we can't imagine making it through this without every single one of you.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Megan,

Thank you for your updates. I pray for you, your dad and mom and family every day. I love your parents so much. Your dad's knowledge of the scriptures and support of me when I was a seminary teacher was so inspiring. I appreciate your mom always asking me how I am and my, Aimee, was too.
May you continue to receive strength and peace.
Ellen Garrett (Fallbrook 2nd Ward)

mamadonna said...

Bless the Ballifs! That is so great! I have a metal wheelchair ramp if you need it, Megan. Donna